Views
Helpful
Replies

Overlapping number ranges & Unity

levinsky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Has anyone tried using overlapping numbers ranges (in separate partitions) in CallManager and still be able to give each extension a unique Voicemail box in Unity? We are reusing the same extension range in a number of partitions all of which require voicemail, however because Unity works by extension number, extension 2000 in partition A has the same mailbox as extension 2000 in partition B. Any nice workarounds that anyone has tried for this?

Unity version: 4.0(4)

Thanks,

Ken.

18 Replies 18

We did setup exactly the same voice prompt to tell the users to "prefix" the digits. Unfortunately the users percieve that dialing extra three digits is a pain. :=|

It is very sad that Unity does not allow you to customize the Call Handlers outside of a simple digit=response. As I said before, we have very easily customized the CUE auto attendant script to simply prepend the prefix to the dialed extension.

I suppose it would be possible to use CDE http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_CDEStudio.htm to customize the conversation but cisco does not allow "customers" to use the tool.

Egreenspan - did you see my post from earlier today? Unity IS capable of automatically prepending or postpending digits.

Hopefully this will make you less sad...

I am definetly a lot happier now :) Just saw your post.... thats what you get for replying though a link in the email :O

I saw this post and was wondering if the same feature for ES8 was available in Unity Connection? I would like to create a multitenant scenerio in UC.