cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password reset

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

Is there some type of user webpage in unity where the end user could reset his/her password by authenticating?

6 Replies 6

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Unity Assistant, called ciscopca, is a web page we enable via class of service to our subscribers. Users authenticate via their AD account, password, and domain. Once in the Unity Assistant, on the Profile page users can reset their own passwords without knowing the current password. We train our users how to do this via training guides and classes. It saves a bunch of time on help desk calls.

Ginger

This allows users to change their phone password but users can't change their AD passwords right?

That's correct - Unity's web interfaces (either PCA or SA) do not offer any options to change the AD passwords - those need to be changed through AD interfaces directly. This was decided deliberatly because of security issues such interfaces would bring up in UM type installs - however I've heard the Unity team is considering a option to expose something like this (optionally, not on out of the box) in future releases - as ever, the best move here is to ask your account team to pile on the PERs request so the Unity product folks know it's worth spending dev/doc/test time on it.

I have a standard out-of-the-box VM only installation that had a GUI password set for all of the users at install via the sub template. The client now wants individual passwords for each user. Is there a bulk AD edit utility - from Cisco or otherwise? If not was the tool mentioned above ever developed? Of course the AD domain is for the VM server only and not a part of a larger forest....

Many thanks in advance!!

I have a standard out-of-the-box VM only installation that had a GUI password set for all of the users at install via the sub template. The client now wants individual passwords for each user. Is there a bulk AD edit utility - from Cisco or otherwise? If not was the tool mentioned above ever developed? Of course the AD domain is for the VM server only and not a part of a larger forest....

Many thanks in advance!!

I can't login in Cisco PCA.

Can you say me what is AD account, password and domain?

I tried Unity server administration account and a account that I created with administrative privilieges and It doesn't woks

Thanks.