cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PBX single line phone going to wrong greeting

pjt8537
Level 1
Level 1

Running Unity 4.0(3) SR1 with a dual integration platform. Avaya G3R 9.5 and Call Manager 3.3(3). The issue we are experiencing is on a single line analog phone. When the user is on the phone and another call is transfered to the same extension (via a vector route to command in the Avaya PBX) the call goes to the subscriber login greeting requesting a password. When a second call is placed directly to this extension (without going through the vector route to command) the call is answered correctly by Unity. Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Do you have access to view the vector program on the Avaya G3R PBX? If the user's phone is Busy, some conditional action in the program is being executed. From your problem description, it sounds like the call is being routed to Unity's main greeting and then Unity sign-in is requested. That would explain why you are getting prompted for a password. You did not indicate if digits were pressed by you when you made the first call - I know there is a way to prompt callers for digits collected and then pass them down to further steps in the vector. Avaya PBXs are definitely not my specialty, but I have worked alittle with IPCC Express scripts that provide the same functionality for call center agents. However,I have seen responses to posts on this forum from Cisco personnel that are experienced. Hopefully they will see this updated post and comment futher.

Sincerely,

Ginger

Thanks Ginger. In the vector I am just collecting digits and routing to them with coverage. The first call works great, it is just multiple calls that have the issue. For some reason the PBX is not passing to Unity the fact that it is a busy transfer. On the integration monitor, it shows up as a direct call. In that form, Unity is doing what it thinks is correct. Hummmm, I am not sure how to trick it into sending the busy information.

Are you using Mode Codes or a PBXLink to send call info from the Definity to Unity?

The PBXLink relies heavily on display info sent by the Definity to its bridged-line appearances. It may help you to compare the displays between calls that get the busy information and calls that don't. To do this, you temporarily replace the PBXLink with a 7434D or 8434D digital phone. When a call shows up on one of the bridged line appearances you'll need to press the INSPECT key followed by the button for that line appearance.

Also, you should verify that the PBXLink is using the latest firmware, 4.4.0. If it is not, you can get it in the software center at Cisco.com (http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/unity-util)

Regards,

Eric

Thanks Eric, I will give that a try and see what it shows.

Paul