Views
Helpful
Replies

PCD migration and adding a CUCM subscriber

jonathan.dixon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm about to do a PCD migration from MCS hardware (one CUCM pub 7.1(5) and one CUP server 8.5.4) to virtual, during this process I'd like to add a subscriber CUCM but using PCD I can't work out a way to do this without manually installing the subscriber.  I can't add the CUCM subscriber before the migration as there is no spare MCS or licensing.

I have a lab setup to test all this, I have got as far as discovering the existing 7.1 cluster, creating a migration cluster and successfully doing a migration to 10.5 but I'm at the stage where I need to add a subscriber node.  There doesn't seem to be a way to add another node to a migration destination cluster, so I deleted the migration destination cluster and re-added as a discovered cluster but there's still no way to add a new node that I can see.

So I guess my only option is to manually create the CUCM subscriber VM, manually install the CUCM subscriber, check DB replication and re-create the discovered cluster (or refresh the existing one?) then proceed with the rest of the upgrades I want to install with PCD (CUCM SU upgrades, locales etc.).  Is there something I've missed to add a node to an existing discovered cluster in PCD?  The version of PCD I have is 10.5.1.10000-6.

I'm liking PCD so far, going to be a definite time saver even if it can't do everything just yet.

Thanks,

Jonathan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PCD cannot do what you're asking, migration will only migrate the servers that are found during discovery, and the install option will install a whole new cluster, it will not add SUBs to an existing cluster. We have no option to add servers to an existing cluster.

You would need to migrate, then manually install the SUB you need.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PCD cannot do what you're asking, migration will only migrate the servers that are found during discovery, and the install option will install a whole new cluster, it will not add SUBs to an existing cluster. We have no option to add servers to an existing cluster.

You would need to migrate, then manually install the SUB you need.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate