Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5/9.X on ESXi AMD chip

steve_nels4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I am trying to install UCCX 8.5/9.X on a lab environment using ESXi 5.5. However the servers are running AMD chipsets, and I did not realise this would be a problem.

I have fixed the Call Manager IPVMS service by changing the ,i686 files into .athlon as required, however with my UCCX I cannot get the CMT Subsystem to start. I have seen in various forums that the same fix above applies, but I have done that and there is no luck. Is there a different service this needs to be applied too?

I have so far got my CUCM and Unity connection working, but would love to get the UCCX up and running as well.

I can see suggestions of building it on an intel chip (VM workstation) and then coversion for ESXi use, but is there a workaround that I can apply to the current built UCCX at all?

As I say, purely for lab purposes - it may be easier just to get rid of the servers and replace with Intel chip - but if I can get around this without having to do, it would be ideal

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'd really just get Intel... the whole point of a lab is to learn the products and technologies, not to waste time troubleshooting problems you'll never see in the real world...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!