Views
Helpful
Replies

PCP - LDAP Device and Sync Query

Qamar Haq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've installed PCP at work set up a device where I selected nd performed a Infra and User sync, then I noticed that it had automatically imported a LDAP server config under the Device Setup page, where it's populated all the IP, Userbase, Distinguished name without me having to manually insert it.

Although I cannot edit this nor can I select this LDAP server as a Secuirty Server under the Domain setup therefore not giving me the final sync optopn of LDAP sync.

1. Do I have to manually add the LDAP device again and remove this auto populated LDAP devices?

2. I performed a Infra Sync, User Sync and then a Domain Sync.. (Had to miss the LDAP Sync as no option). I noticed the users populated with all the information under User Provisioning. Therefore do I need to have this additional LDAP sync process? or can it work without it?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sathishbabu Muthalagan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Due to this defect-CSCvg22273 in version12.3, the LDAP created in CUCM will be automatically imported while doing Infrastructure Sync in PCP.

We will not be able to remove this auto-populated LDAP entry and trying to remove will give an error like- 'The Device object does not Exist'.

If you are planning to add your LDAP in PCP, you would need to add manually under Device Setup and ignore the duplicate entries which are imported from CUCM.

I recommend you to upgrade to 12.4. If you are looking for a fix in 12.3, please contact TAC.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sathishbabu Muthalagan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Due to this defect-CSCvg22273 in version12.3, the LDAP created in CUCM will be automatically imported while doing Infrastructure Sync in PCP.

We will not be able to remove this auto-populated LDAP entry and trying to remove will give an error like- 'The Device object does not Exist'.

If you are planning to add your LDAP in PCP, you would need to add manually under Device Setup and ignore the duplicate entries which are imported from CUCM.

I recommend you to upgrade to 12.4. If you are looking for a fix in 12.3, please contact TAC.

Thank you for your response,

Interesting, I will look at at upgrading in that case.

As it stands there is no LDAP sync taking place in PCP as part of the 4 stage sync process (infra - user - ldap - domain) instead it’s jurs three stages where it imports users from the user sync I believe.

so what is the benefit of having this LDAP sync? Ie if I left it as it is, is there any downside,  the domains will have no security server selected as it will not appear?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: