Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal Busy Greeting does not play

Djeten
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have a Unity Connection and Communication Manager, both version 11.5.

A user has activated the busy greeting, has recorded a personal busy greeting, which is enabled, but still when she is busy, the standard busy greeting is played.

image.pngimage.png

If I disable the busy greeting, the standard message is heard. If I enable the busy greeting, the standard busy greeting is heard in stead of the recorded busy greeting.

Any idea what's the issue here?

Kind regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have recorded a new personal busy greeting and now it works. Apparently there was something wrong with the original greeting.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The busy greeting is only triggered if the call forwards from the user's extensions as busy (vs. RNA or direct dial) - It's not a greeting you make active when you're busy (i.e. don't want to be disturbed or the like) - if the call is forwarding from a busy extension then you'll want to open a case with TAC to run it down - if not, they likely want to use the Alternate greeting instead. It over rides all other greetings when active regardless of how the call comes to the user's mailbox.

Thanks for the reply.

I know the difference between the Alternate greeting and the Busy greeting.

The issue is that the personal Busy greeting is not played when the user is in another conversation. The default Busy greeting is played instead.

Hi,

The Busy Trigger value set for the directory number decides how to route the caller. Here are three different scenarios:

1. User-A Busy Trigger set to 1. If User-A is already on a call with User-B, and if User-C calls User-A, then User-C will immediately hear Busy Greeting.

2. User-A Busy Trigger set to 2. If User-A is already on a call with User-B, and User-C calls User-A. If User-A do not answer the call, then User-C will hear Standard Greeting.

3. User-A Busy Trigger set to 2. If User-A is already on a call with User-B, and User-C calls User-A. If User-A answer the call, then next caller will immediately hear Busy Greeting.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Yes, I know al that. 

You don't seem to understand my problem.

There is a system default Busy greeting, but you can also record your own personal Busy greeting. 

When a user is on another line, the system default Busy greeting is played instead of the personal Busy greeting.

Hi,

Are you using SIP or SCCP integration between CUCM and Unity Connection? 

For similar issue, there are multiple software bugs related to SIP integration. These software bugs are reported for Unity Connection release 10.5. May be you can open a Cisco TAC case to get more details:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq90525

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuv06005

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw55559

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks for the reply. We are using SIP between CUCM and Unity Connection. I will check the bugs reports to see if this is the cause of my problem.

Hello,

I have checked the bugs you mentioned, but this is not the same problem that I am encountering.

My problem is not that I don't get a busy greeting. I get a busy greeting when the user is on another line. So far the system works fine.

But the problem is that she recorded a personal busy greeting, but we still hear the system busy greeting, not the personal busy greeting.

image.png

Hi,

Is this issue only for one particular user or many users? Have you tried similar scenario for other users. If the problem still persists then I would recommend to open a Cisco TAC case. 

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

I have recorded a new personal busy greeting and now it works. Apparently there was something wrong with the original greeting.

Thanks for the help.

Do you have multiple locales or languages installed?  I've seen issues where the personalised greeting had been recorded in say US English but the configuration was such that a caller expected to hear UK English.