Views
Helpful
Replies

PG Client Type Selection

Joseph.Rubio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently try to configure a second set of PGs in our UCCE environement (I did not setup our PG01s) and came across the Client Type Selection screen in the Peripheral Gateway Setup. I noticed that there was an option for CUCM and UCCE System. My question is what is the difference between these two types? Is there anything I should be aware of when selecting either of these types? Any provided information would be helpful.

Thank you,

Joseph

4 Replies 4

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe what this gives is the option of setting the PG type.

Wether you are looking for setting up a CUCM PG(Agent pg) or VRU PG ( for CVP or IPIVR) or MRPG (EIM/WIM chat) etc .

So if you are trying to set up Agent pg select CUCM PG otherwise choose UCCE for other types.

You can read through this

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_10_5_1/Design/Guide/UCCE_BK_UBCCA467_00_ucce-design-guide/UCCE_BK_UBCCA467_00_ucce-design-guide_chapter_01.html#UCCE_CN_P62A5149_00

Thank you for your response. I am going to be using this PG for Agent and VRU. So you are saying I should select CUCM and VRU to accomplish this?

Yes ,Joseph.Please do the honors.thanks

You can select PG type as generic, it will allow you to run VRU and CUCM Pims on same PG.