cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection (Version 8.6.2.22900-9) issue

nibin_joseph
Level 1
Level 1

Unity Connection (Version 8.6.2.22900-9).

Hello Friends,

I have a CUC Publisher in a location and a CUC Subscriber in another location.Once in a month I hear users are not able to access voicemails. When they press the message button, the session drops. So I do a restart of 2 critical services in publisher alone. ie. "Connection Conversation Manager" & "Connection Mixer", which will fix the issue. 

When we had the "Connection Conversation Manager" & "Connection Mixer" restart, the server role will get changed. Publisher will become the secondary and Subscriber will be the primary. And then there won't be any issues. But later on when we bring back the Publisher to primary and Subscriber as secondary, the issue seems to be happening again. Because of that I changed back the server role. Now Publisher is the secondary and Subscriber is the primary. But still some users says, "They have voicemails by a solid red light and it flashes when they picks up the receiver to check thevoicemails, there are no voicemails.

So is it an issue with the Publisher alone?

Changing the server roles do have any connection with this issue?

FYI, in Subscriber (Now Primary) have only one service showing deactivated "Connection Database Proxy" and rest of the services are in activated state.

While in Publisher (Now Secondary), have only the following services are in deactivated state.

Connection Mailbox Sync
Connection Message Transfer Agent
Connection Notifier
Connection Database Proxy
Connection Digital Networking Replication Agent
Connection Groupware Caching Service
Connection SpeechView Processor

Please advice on what to do?

Thanks

Nibin_Joseph

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the replication status as per the following

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12318206/troubleshooting-database-replication-cisco-unity-connection

If it is in place then this will require trace analysis while the issue is being experienced.

Manish