Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

phone firmware upgrade issue

Hello All,

I am just wondering if someone can help to idetify the root cause of this firmware issue i am running into.  the call manager version is

8.0.3.20000-2 (new deployment) and i am trying to deploy 45/65 phones.  the current firmware version on cucm is SCCP45.9-0-3S.  when i plug in the new phone it does not initiate the upgrade process. infact, it goes to the upgrade screen and appears its waiting to download the firware then boots up normally without upgrading.  if i restart the tftp service and then the phone, it goes through the upgrade.  OR i can do a factory reset to upgrade.  80% of the time issue persist on the phones when i plug in.  some phones ugprade without issue.   the firmware ver the phones came with is  8.3(3) (not exactly this but i am sure its higher than this).

I am not sure if this is a firmware issue because as soon as I restart tftp service for each and every phone it upgrades fine.

thanks

vijay

2 Replies 2

Hello,

To help identify the problem , check the release note of the firmware that is running now on your cucm, you can find there the supported versions you are able to upgrade from because it looks like it is a compatibility problem.

Go to cisco.com , download software , choose ip phones and then choose the 7945 , when you download the firmware that is exactly like the one that is now installed on your cucm , there is a release notes , download it and check it.

Amer

cgrassmugg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

May you have to make a 2 step upgrade...

Lets say your phone has Firmware 8.3.x and you wanna Upgrade to 9.x - your First step should Be 8.5.2 After that you can Upgrade to 9.x

Hope that helps.....

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App