Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Notifications Device - Connection 7.1.5 - Number Restricted

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I'am having an issue in Unity Connection with sending the voicemail notifications to the user's phone only when the caller who leaves the voice message is coming from the outside.  In the notification configuration for the user I see the users who will trigger a notification event to the cell phone.  However if I try to add a pattern matching a particule outside number which seems like the fix, I get an error that says phone number is restricted.  Where do I need to remove this restriction?  Thanks

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Allowed/restricted patterns in Unity/Unity Connection are specified in Restriction Tables.  Restriction Tables are applied via Class of Service assigned to a user and can also be modified within the Subscriber configuration as well.

Just something to keep in mind...Restriction Tables control the patterns that can be entered within Unity/Unity Connection (e.g., Restrictions are working when you receive an invalid pattern error).  However, the effective Class of Restriction is also tied to the Calling Search Space applied in CUCM on the VM ports.  So if you allow a pattern in Unity but that pattern is blocked in the CSS applied to the ports then you can enter the pattern in Unity/Unity Connection without error but the call will be rejected by CUCM.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Allowed/restricted patterns in Unity/Unity Connection are specified in Restriction Tables.  Restriction Tables are applied via Class of Service assigned to a user and can also be modified within the Subscriber configuration as well.

Just something to keep in mind...Restriction Tables control the patterns that can be entered within Unity/Unity Connection (e.g., Restrictions are working when you receive an invalid pattern error).  However, the effective Class of Restriction is also tied to the Calling Search Space applied in CUCM on the VM ports.  So if you allow a pattern in Unity but that pattern is blocked in the CSS applied to the ports then you can enter the pattern in Unity/Unity Connection without error but the call will be rejected by CUCM.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

David,

Thanks for the answer, I will try to modify those tables.

Jason