Views
Helpful
Replies

Pilot Extension for Leaveing Voice Message

chan-kuen.hui
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I would like to config a directory number so that when someone dial that number, the voice message system will ask the caller which user's voice mail you want to leave a message?

e.g. If I want to leave a message to Alex who extension is 2222, when I dial 555-1234, it will go to the voice message system. In the voice message system, I enter 2222 and then I can leave a message for 2222.

Can I do that?

Thanks.

C.K.

1 Reply 1

jsailers
Level 1
Level 1

You can certainly create a simple call handler that has a greeting that tells the caller to enter an extension to leave a message. Assign that callhandler an extension that matches the number hat you want to initially call (e.g. 5551234). Just make sure that the call handler has the option selected in the Caller Input screen to allow callers to dial extensions. Once the user enters the extension, they will be directed to the subscriber's voicemail. NOTE: You may need to set each Subscriber's transfer setting to go directly to voicemail if you don't want Unity to try to ring the subscriber's phone first.

You can do the same thing with a Directory Handler if you want the ability for the caller to dial-by-name instead of entering an extension.