cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please recommend a Fax solution for the UC500

swalters
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a fax solution that will integrate with a Cisco UC560.  It would be nice to leverage the existing SIP service currently in use.  Additionally, the customer uses a hosted Exchange platform from a third party provider.  Is there anyway to get a server based fax solution that would integrate with both the UC560, SIP service and the hosted Exchange platform?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

I am looking for a fax solution that will integrate with a Cisco UC560.   It would be nice to leverage the existing SIP service currently in  use.

[anthony] SIP service meaning SIP trunk for all PSTN calls? So I take it you want the Fax server to be SIP based?

Additionally, the customer uses a hosted Exchange platform from a  third party provider.

[anthony] What is the Exchanged platform being used for?

Is there anyway to get a server based fax  solution that would integrate with both the UC560, SIP service and the  hosted Exchange platform?

I am looking for a fax solution that will integrate with a Cisco UC560.   It would be nice to leverage the existing SIP service currently in  use.

[anthony] SIP service meaning SIP trunk for all PSTN calls? So I take it you want the Fax server to be SIP based?

[Steven] Yes, the SIP service is providing a SIP trunk for all PSTN calls.  The Fax server will need to support SIP as well.

Additionally, the customer uses a hosted Exchange platform from a  third party provider.

[anthony] What is the Exchanged platform being used for?

[Steven] The Exchange platform is hosted by a third party.  It is Exchange 2007.  It is not located at the customer site and is not part of the customer Microsoft Active Directory.  The customer has a separate login for this service.  They are using Outlook on the desktop to connect via the web to the Exchange service.  The Exchange service is using a typical multi-tenant hosted platform.

Is there anyway to get a server based fax  solution that would integrate with both the UC560, SIP service and the  hosted Exchange platform?