cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prefix Digits on Missed Call Numbers in CUCM

shabbir_tapal
Level 1
Level 1

We are having the following setup in CUCM.

Outbound dialing for Local/LD: 01.xxxxxxxxxx using Predot.

When a call is missed, we see only 10 digits in the missed call history and we manually put in 01 to return the call. Is there a way to prepend the 01 automatically only on missed call numbers.

Thanks in Advance.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This has been asked plenty of times before at CSC, if you search for that topic you'll find all the info you need.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

There are couple of ways to do it depending on gateways:

1. If its H323/SIP, you could prefix it on the dial-peers to CUCM.

2. If its H323/MGCP and you CUCM 8.x or higher, you could prefix it on the gateway in CUCM depending on call type.

3. You could change the service parameter under CallManager (select Advanced) as well. You could prefix the number depending on the type.

Please rate useful posts.

I've had the same problem and researched this, finding several different answers, but none that quite fit my system / configuration or was detailed enough to fit my experience level. 

I was able to fix the situation by using George's guidance.  Here are some mroe details:  Update the Service Parameter settings under CallManager (select Advanced).  Use CTRL-F to find the word 'prefix' and change the following parameters under Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone):

(We use '8' instead of '9' to avoid 911 calls.)

Hope that helps anyone who is struggling.

B