cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence status on CUBAC 9.0

Stefano Amici
Level 1
Level 1

After deploy Presence server (v. 8.6.4) and Cisco Jabber for Windows on CUCM 7.1.5; I would like to integrate presence status on CUBAC 9.0.

The default field to retrieve presence information on CUBAC is "User Profile" but on all my user details this field is empty; anyone know what is the attribute on Active Directory that complete this fileld?

If I customize User Field 1 on CUBAC with the user account name the presence in working fine; so my problem is just a lookup mismatch.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Stefano

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Stefano,

No you didn't understand correct. It's much easier than that. You don't need to update all the users one by one.

You just need to instruct CUBAC to map the userid attribute from the callmanager to the user_profile attribute of cubac. That association is missing from the ext_source_mapping table for some reason hence that field is null for all users.

You can see for example in the ext_source_mapping that the mailid attribute is mapped to the  EMAIL attribute of CUBAC, the firstname attribute is mapped to FIRST_NAME etc etc. What you are missing is the mapping of userid to USER_PROFILE

I can try and built up a query that will fix this but I think it might be a good idea to open a TAC case to get this done

HTH,
Christos

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi Stefano,

How is the mapping done in callmanager ? Are you using the samaccountname from active directory to map to the userid ?

Can you connect to the CUBAC DB and issue the following query from attcfg database ?

select * from ext_source_mapping

select * from contact_summary_details

For the latter, what is the value for the user_profile column for your users ?

Thanks,

Christos

Hi Christos,

thank you for your answer.

In attach you could find snapshots of:

1) LDAP Configuration in CUCM

2) query on Ext_Source_Mapping

3) query on Contact_Summary_Details (page 1 and page 2)

4) contact details on CUBAC client

If these are all the entries in your Ext_Source_Mapping then you are missing the mapping of the userid attribute to the user_profile. This way CUBAC maps the userid from callmanager to the user_profifle field in CUBAC.

I can see that the user_profile column for all your users is missing just because of this issue.

I am not sure how you end up like this (mapping for the userid attribute missing) but you can manually add that entry in the db and that should do the trick.

Do you feel comfortable doing it or do you want to open a service request with TAC ?

HTH,
Christos

Hi Christos,

so the only solution is to map manually all user? In this case I  have just 150 users but in case I have thousand of users should be  unacceptable to do this job manually.

This behavior is a bug or a wrong configuration?

There are no field to  complete on Active Directory or on CUCM to map correctly user_profile on  CUBAC?

Thanks,

Stefano

Hi Stefano,

No you didn't understand correct. It's much easier than that. You don't need to update all the users one by one.

You just need to instruct CUBAC to map the userid attribute from the callmanager to the user_profile attribute of cubac. That association is missing from the ext_source_mapping table for some reason hence that field is null for all users.

You can see for example in the ext_source_mapping that the mailid attribute is mapped to the  EMAIL attribute of CUBAC, the firstname attribute is mapped to FIRST_NAME etc etc. What you are missing is the mapping of userid to USER_PROFILE

I can try and built up a query that will fix this but I think it might be a good idea to open a TAC case to get this done

HTH,
Christos

Hi Christos,

I understand; I'll try tomorrow and I'll let you know.

Thank you,

Stefano

hi Christos,

good news; I added a new record on ext_source_mapping as shown on image below and now I can see the user_profile field completed and so the presence status.

Thank you very much,

Stefano