Views
Helpful
Replies

privacy in shared lines

tsodn10128
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have configurated privacy in a shared line with 2 max. number of calls and 1 busy trigger. This shared line is in two hardphone 7911. When i have active privacy in softkey, the other terminal don´t take supervision of the calls (I don´t see "who call you" to the shared terminal). This behavior is all right, but I need to know when the privacy is activated, if it´s possible to send two calls, independents, between both harphones (the same of individual extension), without bearing in mind the calls of another terminal.

Thanks for his help!!

Pablo

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Even with shared lines the Max number of calls and busy trigger settings are separate on each instance.

You can have a phone with 4/2 instead of 2/1 as you have on another phone and that phone would allow a 2nd call to ring while the 1st one wouldn't.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Hi Pablo,

No worries my friend

At the end of the day, it's not the fact the Phone A has activated Privacy

that prevents Phone B from taking a second call on the Shared Line. It's

the Busy trigger being set @ 1 on both phones/lines that is causing this. The

Privacy activation on the Shared line just prevents phone B from using Barge or

cBarge to cut in on the active call.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Even with shared lines the Max number of calls and busy trigger settings are separate on each instance.

You can have a phone with 4/2 instead of 2/1 as you have on another phone and that phone would allow a 2nd call to ring while the 1st one wouldn't.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Java,

Thanks for your fast answer but I believe that i don´t explain well the problem. I have managed to form 'privacy' but when in a instance is active the privacy (for example device 'A'), with 2/1, it´s not possible to realize two calls from 'A' (received/send), when device 'B' have any call (received/send). The system say that it´s busy.

If settings are separate on each instance why it´s not possible to send 2 calls in each phone (with 2/1)?

Thanks for your help!!

Pablo

Hi Pablo,

No worries my friend

At the end of the day, it's not the fact the Phone A has activated Privacy

that prevents Phone B from taking a second call on the Shared Line. It's

the Busy trigger being set @ 1 on both phones/lines that is causing this. The

Privacy activation on the Shared line just prevents phone B from using Barge or

cBarge to cut in on the active call.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pablo,

I wanted to add this note to Java's great info (+5 Java-man!)

The number that comes into play here is the 1 in 2/1 (Max Calls - Busy Trigger)

it's not the 2. For Incoming calls it's the Busy Trigger that is affecting your desired

behavior Try setting phone B to 4/2.

You can have a read on the behavior of Shared Lines in this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmsys/a03dn.html#wpxref37374

Cheers!

Rob

Hello Rob!

Thanks for your answer and the doc. Sorry, the example that I explain is confused. I wanted to say that if 'A' (shared line´s phone) have any call (and privacy activated), 'B' (shared line´s phone) can´t to received any call (busy tone). And I don´t know if it is normal or it´s wrong.

I think that if 'privacy' option is activated, 2 calls received from de PSTN to the shared line, one in phone 'A' and one in phone 'B' (separate on each instance by the privacy).

Thanks for your help!!