Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem after a silence on a call

Emmanuel Vilela
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

So i've a little problem with three phones. During a call this 3 phones work perfectly, but when nobody speak on call, i think the call drop, and when someone speak, the first part of his sentence is not heard, and this problem is systematic.

I try a firmware downgrade, but the problem still the same SCCP69xx.9-2-1-1-sr.zz (old) -> SCCP69xx.9-1-1-1-sr.zz (current)

Phone 6941 (SCCP)

Thanks for ur help 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If your gateway is mgcp:

Do a 'show mgcp | i vad' on your gateway. You're looking for whether vad is enabled or disabled. No mgcp vad to disable.

If h323 or sip:

Check your gateway to call manager dial-peer(s) to ensure that vad is disabled (no vad).

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

Sounds like VAD. What are you using for call control and version?

Hello, i'm using cisco call manager 7.1.5.33900-10

Thanks

If your gateway is mgcp:

Do a 'show mgcp | i vad' on your gateway. You're looking for whether vad is enabled or disabled. No mgcp vad to disable.

If h323 or sip:

Check your gateway to call manager dial-peer(s) to ensure that vad is disabled (no vad).

dial-peer voice  698001 voip
 preference 1
 destination-pattern 698....
 session target ipv4: 192.168.1.254
 voice-class codec 1
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

I have no vad configured on this dial peer

It's implicitly enabled by default. You have to add 'no vad' under the dial-peer to explicitly disable.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/voice/command/reference/vrht_v1_ps5207_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1103127

Command Default

VAD is enabled

Thanks for ur help, it's much better now !

Good deal. Glad I could help. :)