Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PROBLEM CUPC-VPN

Hello,

I have problems connecting to CUPC from VPN, the states that have successfully connected to all servers. I can use the softphone but I can not change my status and leave Not Connected.

The version of CUPC is 7.1, is the version I've been using since the installation of the server . My company uses VPN Fortinet The operating system that the client is running Windows XP. I take some logs that I hope can help

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

Hi,

From what I understand is that whenever you connect via VPN you cannot change the presence status of your client.

Your approach is correct. I would get sniffer traces from both CUPC and CUP server at the same time while I reproduce the issue (change states on the client)

Whenever you change state, that state is propagated to the CUP server which in turn sends a SIP NOTIFY message back to the client (and all the other clients that are subscribed to this user's presence) containing an XML part which has the presence information

I would also compare the sniffer captures from a working and a non working scenario

But as you said if everything works without VPN and there is no firewall in the middle I would start checking the VPN connection (the sniffer captures may or may not provide some extra hints as to what might be wrong)

HTH,

Christos