cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with subscriber search between unity servers in a dialing domain

gyasi.caesar
Level 1
Level 1

I have two Unity 8 Active/Passive clusters in the following configuration Site A    Unity Cluster A    Exchange Server A Site B   Unity Cluster B   Exchange Server B The Exchange servers are on the same Active Directory Domain and in the same MS Exchange OrganizationThe unity clusters are on the same domain as the Exchange Servers and are connected to the same Cisco Call manager 7 system. The unity clusters are in a Dilaling Domain that should allow them to share subscriber information. Everything seems to be configured correctly but for some reason when I do search for all subscribers on Cluster A i can't see the subscribers on Cluster B and vise versa.  As a result the auto attendant on cluster A can't transfer calls to subscribers on cluster B. I've gone over every document I can find and no matter what i do i can't seem to solve the problem. Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Craig Cooper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gyasi,

Firstly, please ensure you go through every step of the Cisco.com document on "Digital Networking" for Unity 8.0.   There are various different things that need to be configured; such as ensuring each of the Primary Unity servers, for each location, have had each of their Primary Location set to use the same Dialing Domain.

Does the GlobalSubscriber table, in SQL, include all of the users from the other cluster?   This will at least indicate whether or not Unity has been successful in synch'ing back all users from it's local Active Directory Domain Controller (DC).   If the DC's weren't communicating correctly, then this type of issue could easily occur.

Kind regards,

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the assist.

I went through the document you suggested and all the configurations seem to be correct on both Unity clusters.

The golbal subscriber table on the Site A cluster has none of the Site B subscribers listed.

The golbal subscriber table on the Site B cluster has a lot of the Site A subscribers listed but none of the new ones I've added.

I've checked the AD replication status with the replmon tool and it seems to be ok.

How does the Global Subscriber table get populated?

The GlobalSubscriber table gets populated when running the synch's from the Unity server's DC or GC.   I'd suggest bringing up the DC/GC Reconnect Settings tool (found in the Unity Tools Depot) and ensuring you're using an appropriate LOCAL DC and GC.   You may also want to run the Permissions Wizard and ensure that the Directory Service account has permissions over the OU's containing the missing users (if the OU's used vary from site to site).

Running a "Force Reconnect", on each tab within the DC/GC Reconnect Settings tool, will initiate a Total Resynchronization for the DC/GC.   The start and completion of each synchronization can be monitored within the Event Viewer's Application Log.

Kind regards,

Craig

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks again Craig

Based on the results I get from the DCGC connection tool both clusters can successfully connect to the DC and GC that they are pointed to.

The status page shows that the last synch was recently done as well.

I notice hoewever that if i add new Public distribution lists on either cluster they cannot enumerate the members of the distribution lists.

I've rerun the permissions wizard and I see the Unity Directory Service Account listed as having permissions on the OU's in question.

This problem seems to be quite enigmatic.

You may wish to use ADSIEdit, on each of the DC's in each location, to check that the ciscoECSBU* attributes have been successfully propagated between your Domain Controllers.   I suspect they have not.   If they have, on the other hand, then the collection of directory sync micro trace may be necessary, on the Unity servers.   A new TAC service request may be necessary to work such an issue.

Kind regards,

Craig

Hi Craig,

I've checked all the DC's in my environment for a few of the voicemail enabled users and in each case the attributes you have mentioned are populated on all the DC's.

I'll look into the micro trace but i think i'll have to go to TAC

Thanks for all the suggestions and information

Much appreciated.