Replies

Question about unified Licenses

Hi Guys

i have in my work CUCM version 7.1 and we want to upgrade it

but i have a problem .... i have missunderstanding about new license system

at 7.1 we work with old license [ Node - system & DLU ] license

but  this old system was gone and now we have 2 kind of license

CUWL & UCL

i haven`t any idea about them ...... i make any searches and found many documents about them but i still very confused

so, i have many questions

1- what the meaning of these license and how i calculate them

2- what the difference between them , and i must use them together or i can use one of them at my collaboration network

3- how i ordered them and download them ...... the old system cisco send license by email as a xml files .... the same here or different

4- when i upgrade from DLU to UCL ...... i will pay again or it will be free ...... i don`t change any thing the same number of ip phones

alot of questions sorry for that ....... but really the license issue is the most confused topic at collaboration environment

1 Reply 1

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can run LCU report to find the breakup of UCL/CUWL licenses. This utility can be downloaded from Cisco site.

you can refer the link which gives explanation about User and Device Licenses Table 2.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0100101.html

After u migrate to CUCM 10 or 11, u would get a grace period of 60 days .During this, u need to send a PLM request file to licensing@cisco.com to get permanent license files in zip format. You need to extract and upload bin in PLM[Prime License Manager]

PLM could be co-resident along with CUCM Pub or standalone.

You need to order migration licenses .You reach Cisco AM /SE or Partner for more details.

regds,

aman