cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions on Cisco Prime License Manager BE6000

kbyrd
Level 2
Level 2

I have a few questions related to Cisco Prime License Manager (v10.5) in a new BE6000 environment.

The customer is a relatively small UC implementation: 500 phones, 400 Unity Conn mailboxes, Cisco Emergency Responder. All UC application servers are HA and there are two C220 servers.

Cisco Prime License Manager has been installed co-resident on the CUCM Pub, the CUCM sub, the UConn Pub, and the UConn sub.

Questions:

-Should I use one of the co-resident Cisco Prime License Manager servers or build a standalone? If co-resident, does it matter which co-resident Cisco Prime License Manager I use? For example, is it appropriate to use the CUCM Publisher?

-Do I define all six UC servers as a Product Instance on Cisco Prime License Manager, or do I define only the publishers?

-Is there a way to "turn off" the other Cisco Prime License Manager's that are not used?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

-Should I use one of the co-resident Cisco Prime License Manager servers or build a standalone? If co-resident, does it matter which co-resident Cisco Prime License Manager I use? For example, is it appropriate to use the CUCM Publisher?

A: If you build a standalone, it will count against the number of VMs you can have, and will take vCPU and vRAM, you should stick with a co-res. Use any PLM you want, that makes no difference at all.

-Do I define all six UC servers as a Product Instance on Cisco Prime License Manager, or do I define only the publishers?

A: You can only define the PUBs when adding product instances.

-Is there a way to "turn off" the other Cisco Prime License Manager's that are not used?

A: No

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: