cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

" Recorded voice" field for CallHandlers & Subscribers is grayed out

dolah
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure, but this may be an Internet Explorer issue.

I went to record a greeting for a call handler and the Play and Record buttons are grayed out.

Any clues or suggestions?

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

Check out this Cisco doc - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a0080449e09.html#wp1086577

Make sure you also have the Security set for Medium-Low on your Local Intranet settings which gives the ability to prompt for downloading of ActiveX controls and that DCOM is enabled on both your workstation AND Unity server. DCOM can be checked via the Component Services MMC.

Ginger

Sorry, but this didn't help.

I'm able to get the page to show up correctly when I'm on the Unity server. Just not from my own PC. There aren't any firewalls between me and the server, nor are the port being blocked.

Still looking for answers

Yeah - I hear you. There's been more than a few posts on this forum re. Media Master. Check out this one to see if it may be of further assistance - http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.eea430a/0#selected_message

You can also search this forum using the words "media master grey" and you will find some of the other entries that might bring you closure on this problem.

Sincerely, Ginger

Ginger, I figured it out... and it's somewhat of a surprise.

The standalone CSA (Cisco Security Agent) that I installed on 1/19/06 version 4.5.1 was blocking my connectivity to Unity. I didn't think that CSA would block known Cisco applications... that just doesn't seem right.

To catch and fix this culprit I had a terminal services window to Unity and my SA web page on my PC. When I refreshed the page and had it reload the Media Master, a prompt appeared on Unity's Terminal Service window. The CSA logged the following:

1/26/2006 10:05:29 AM: The process 'D:\CommServer\AvCsGateway.exe' (as user VOICE\unitymsgstoresvc) attempted to communicate with 10.4.2.34 on TCP port 49826. The user was queried and a 'No' response was received. The response was the default taken because the user was not logged in.

Then I refreshed again and caught the query from CSA and responded yes... it started to work.

Hi -

Thanks so much for your update! I am running CSA V.4.0-3 Build 736, which I believe was CSA 1.1(5). Sounds like you are running 2.0(2) ... Here is the release notes http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a008056ce83.html#wp463746

There are some Unity specific tools that need to have CSA disabled to run - the release notes mentions those, but I didn't see anything related to the media master. On our current build, we did have problems migrating from Trend ServerProtect to OfficeScan on one Unity server. CSA blocked the OfficeScan updates with a message similar to yours "The user was queried and a 'No' response was received. The response was the default taken because the user was not logged in." So I have CSA disabled on that one Unity server until OfficeScan updates are working. That's a reminder to me to test 2.0(2). Have a great day!

Ginger