Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording Call with Mobile Voice Access

f.giordano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

One of our customer is using Mobile Voice Access (MVA) and would like to record the call made from the mobile phone through his main office.

The user is corretly set in CUCM with a primary extension. A Remote Destination Profile is associated and the MVA feature is working well.

Anybody know if we can record the call made with MVA ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Fabian

6 Replies 6

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

What do you mean "record" the call?  Record the audio or record the call event?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

We would like to record the call (audio). We're currently using Nice as a recorder in span mode.

Fabian

I believe you need to talk to NICE.

Technically, it is possible.  The keypoint was NICE need to be able to identify a DVO (Dial Via Office) call.  Since the DVO call was bridged by CUCM, NICE might need another way to identify it.

Michael

Yes we already have a discussion about that. They're talking about software development...

I just wanted to know if someone already did it (with Nice or not...) and if it's really necessary to ask Nice a fix...

If you SPAN the voice gateway port, you can record any call that goes through the voice gateway.  But you might not be able to correlate the call with an IP phone number if that call was not originated from the IP phone (like MVA call).

Yes, you need to talk to NICE.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi, Not sure if anyone else is facing this problem still, or whether an answer has been found?

I am facing the same issue for a customer who needs to voice-record all calls into and out of their network. There are multiple ISDN-30 circuits on multiple ISRs, and it is probable that a call that comes into the MVA system from PSTN will get routed straight back out to PSTN.

We are looking at RedBox voice recorder to do the recording of the audio, however the only way that this could pick up the RTP traffic is to use a network SPAN to intercept all network ports where the ISRs plug into the switch. The only problem here is that due to the need to record all conversations we are going to use DMS to record the phones (need to catch internal calls too) so if we SPAN the ISRs then we will get duplicate calls.

In the event that we SPAN the ISRs to catch the MVA calls we will face two issues:

a)     We would need to filter the calls made to the MVA pilot number so that we avoice duplicate recordings as mentioned above.

b)     We would not be guuaranteed to catch the traffic at all, because in my own understanding once the outbound leg of the call (MVA to PSTN) has been established then the RTP will be enfd-point to end-point right? In which case it would not leave the VLAN at best, and at worst it would not leave the ISR at all if it went back out the same ISDN trunk.

So, I'm stymied here. The only way I see this being possible is to route calls via alternative dedicated hardware for the MVA access, but this is not going to make customer happy.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: