cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring AA immediately when Business hours are closed

jamison.masters
Level 1
Level 1

One of my customers has cisco UC500 running IOS 15.0.1 with CUE 8.0.2.  When calls come in they follow the pilot extension to a hunt group that will ring receptionist extensions for 30 seconds before hunting to the AA.  The customer would prefer that their phones do not ring at all when the AA sees that business hours are closed.  They do not want callers having to wait so long before they get forwarded to the Auto Attendant at night.

Since the AA is not triggered until the end of the hunt, I don't see an obvious way around this.  I thought about creating a custom CUE script using the script editor and redirect all incoming calls to the AA extension immediately.  The AA script would then test for Business hours open/closed and direct calls appropriately - either to the rest of the script during off hours, or to the receptionist hunt group when busines hours are open.  Is that possible?  Is there something easier that I am overlooking?

Thank you for your input,  Feel free to answer with CLI or CUE-GUI based responses.  I rarely use the CCA tool.

Jamison

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

Jamison,

You need to do exactly what you said, you need to point that DID your using for the hunt group to an AA.  In that AA you have to use the business hours open closed to direct you to either a hunt group pilot(opened), which will now be a non DID.  For the closed you will direct it to the AA at the end of the Hunt Group.

Jason

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

Jamison,

You need to do exactly what you said, you need to point that DID your using for the hunt group to an AA.  In that AA you have to use the business hours open closed to direct you to either a hunt group pilot(opened), which will now be a non DID.  For the closed you will direct it to the AA at the end of the Hunt Group.

Jason

Thank you for the answer Jason.  It's nice to know I was not following a

stray path.  Your answer fits my dilemma the closest.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For example, you an use my modfication sto B-ACD/AA that support business hours and holidays.

That eliminates the need to configure CUE at all.

For more detail use the contact information given in my profile.

Thanks Paolo.  I already have a heavily customized AA script

for this customer, so I cannot use a canned

or pre-written script.  I'll edit the one I have.  Thanks for the answer.