cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Running 2 Cisco UC deployments in parallel

chrisbwfc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am looking for documentation on how to integrate 2 UC systems running in parallel. Customer is looking to standup a brand new environment, live, on their exisiting network and slowly start moving agents/business users over.

The site is running v8.5 today and they will probably standup either 10.6 or 11.

Components at minimum are CM, UC, and UCCX

Is there documentation out there which explains what configurations will be needed to tie the two systems together?

Extensions WILL be changing. So translations and route patterns will be needed between the two...

example, if I am extension 4567 on the old system, and I move over to the new system at extension 1234 but my boss still thinks I am at at 4567 we would need a pattern that when he dials 4567 it routes to my new extension.

I know a virtual SIP trunk will be needed but I want to be able to explain the process in greater detail and need documentation to back up the process.

2 Replies 2

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not to the level you are looking for. The Documentation will be in the form of SRND explaing the design concepts, what are trunk types etc. and when to use or in the form of Admin Guide, where it tells you how to configure the components.

I have followed this approach in past couple of times - building a parallel system, with a SIP or ICT trunk (if any one of the CUCM is lower than 8.5 version) inter-connecting two systems and then gradually migrating the phones. Works well but you will have to plan and document all phases according to your enviornment. Overall as you have mentioned you willl just need SIP trunks along with RP/TP for call routing but I doubt you will find this documented in greater details anywhere.

Let us know if you have more questions.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Hello Chris, 
In addition to Terry's comment, let me suggest using as well Prime Collaboration Deployment Application. PCD will allow you to migrate existing MCS or UCS based Applications to 10.x and 11.x release  and change/with different IP addresses/Hostnameswhile exporting the existing DB from the Old UCM Cluster (also Unity Connection and IM&P). Once you have the two UC Systems in place, you can build a SIP Trunk between two and gradually migrate sites/agents to the new release. I would suggest build a separate UCCX and replicate the Queue Logic and Scripts to the new one and verify it.
Abdel-moniem E. REZK
Http://ucjournal.net
Please rate all helpful Post