Views
Helpful
Replies

Secondary dial tone

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all experts

Currently in my company. we are using a simple PBX with E1 pri terminated on it.

When the user press 800, they get a second ( a bit different ) dial tone, which tells them that they have now taken an outside line. I think its called Trunk access code.

Can i do the same with CUCME (4.x/7.x) ? If i simply replace the pbx with cisco router running cme, can i achieve the same effect ?

Pls guide me how to do it
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

hi John,

This is supported with CME

secondary-dialtone

To activate a secondary dial tone when a Cisco IP phone user dials a defined public switched telephone network (PSTN) access prefix, use the secondary-dialtone command in telephony-service configuration mode. To disable the secondary dial tone, use the no form of this command.

secondary-dialtone digit-string

Examples

The following example enables a secondary dial tone when a Cisco IP phone users press the digit 9 to get an outside line:

Router(config)# telephony-service

Router(config-telephony)# secondary-dialtone 9

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_s1ht.html#wp1021511

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

hi John,

This is supported with CME

secondary-dialtone

To activate a secondary dial tone when a Cisco IP phone user dials a defined public switched telephone network (PSTN) access prefix, use the secondary-dialtone command in telephony-service configuration mode. To disable the secondary dial tone, use the no form of this command.

secondary-dialtone digit-string

Examples

The following example enables a secondary dial tone when a Cisco IP phone users press the digit 9 to get an outside line:

Router(config)# telephony-service

Router(config-telephony)# secondary-dialtone 9

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_s1ht.html#wp1021511

Cheers!

Rob

Sir, you ROCK !!!

thanks