Views
Helpful
Replies

Settings UC Service "jabber-config.xml"

mcaldogne
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone!

I have a question about the configuration of the "UC Service Type" Jabber-Client-Configuration for the Service Profile.

I need to disable pickup on Jabber for a group of users, but until now this customer used only the global jabber-config.xml file from the TFTP (CUCM). With the configuration as a UC service in Service Profile I cannot set some options/policies

• how can I set <EnableLotusNotesContactResolution>true</EnableLotusNotesContactResolution>?
  • how can I set <EnableProximity>False</EnableProximity>?

I think this UC service can be very useful, but I don't understand if all options and Policies are available also here.

Thanks a lot!

Mirko

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

EnableProximity is available under Options and EnableLotusNotesContactResolution can be found under Policies. For more information have a look at the document for configuration parameters.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have configured the .xml manually, then this should be pretty straight forward to understand, they are the SAME OPTIONS AND SAME PARAMETERS, simply now you use a GUI.

Choose a section, then the related parameters are updated in the next drop down, choose a parameter, if it has a default value it will be automatically populated, if not, you need to fill in the value. You still refer to the parameter reference guide for this, just as before, to find where parameters should go.

If a parameter is not there, there is a an add custom option.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

EnableProximity is available under Options and EnableLotusNotesContactResolution can be found under Policies. For more information have a look at the document for configuration parameters.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have configured the .xml manually, then this should be pretty straight forward to understand, they are the SAME OPTIONS AND SAME PARAMETERS, simply now you use a GUI.

Choose a section, then the related parameters are updated in the next drop down, choose a parameter, if it has a default value it will be automatically populated, if not, you need to fill in the value. You still refer to the parameter reference guide for this, just as before, to find where parameters should go.

If a parameter is not there, there is a an add custom option.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks, by addming the Custom Option I could disable proximity for the customer.

Mirko

You shouldn't have to use a custom option for this. Both of these parameters should be part of the standard parameters available in the UI. Only for new parameters that has not yet reached into the UI you should need to use the custom option to add it to the configuration. One example of this would be the new parameter H264HighProfileEnable that doesn't exist yet in the UI.

image.png
The called out parameter does not have an option to select a value from a drop down as it's not yet available as a standard parameter in the UI, nor does it have a description for what it does.

Response Signature

I have checked those by another customer and I don't know why, but maybe has it something to do with the CUCM version.

12.5.1.10000-22

image.png

12.5.1.12900-115

image.png

Yes 4 sure the version of the system would have an effect on this.

Response Signature