Views
Helpful
Replies

Single mailbox, multiple users

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

I am setting up a department voicemail box for after hours messages.

My question is, how can I associate this with the second line on about 8 phones? If I add the second line DN to the "Alternate Extensions" in Unity, the MWI lights up, but the Envelope icon shows up on the first line. This is a problem because some of the users also have a private VM box associated with the first line. There is no way to tell which box has the message.

I am using Unity 4.0(4) and CallManager 4.0

I want to have the envelope icon show up on the second line, and access this by going off hook on the second line and hitting the Messages button.

Is this possible?

Thanks, Randy

2 Replies 2

eddieshanley
Level 1
Level 1

are the 2nd lines different on the phones?

if they are all u need is to have a mailbox setup and alternate the 2nd lines to the mailbox.

u can also cahange the settings on service params on the ccm PUB

Yes, the second lines are different DNs. They are not shared lines. I have set the 2nd line's voice mail profile to the "Default" profile, same as all other lines w/ VM.

On the CCM Pub, under Service Parameters, I set "Always use primary line for Voice Msg" = False, and set "Message Waiting lamp policy" from "Primary line - Light and Prompt" to just "Light and Prompt".

Now I can access the VM from the second line, but the envelope icon still appears by the first (wrong) line. Any ideas?

Randy