cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Traps for Unity

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0(5) voice mail only, Centrex integration.

I am looking for a list of defined snmp traps for Unity. I have set up EMS to send to a destination and can capture the info for a MIB. Problem is I have to catch them as they occur. This seems silly. What do others do to monitor Unity?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not entirely sure I understand you...

the RSK installation includes the ablity to add SNMP trap capability to EMS - this means that errors/warnings you have setup for EMS to trigger on (Unity related or not) can raise traps. This model is handy for a number of reasons, not the least of which is its very flexible and doesn't require a static list of traps (which change from version to version).

the EMS approach is to allow you to notify someone about errors or warnings on the Unity box - end of story - it doesn't provide a static list of all possible errors (and by extension all possible trap events that can be raised).

The list of all possible event log messages (which are flagged as info/warning/errors at run time - some can and do serve as both) can be obtained on the www.ciscounitysupport.com site for versions through 4.0(5) anyway - although such a list is of dubious use in my mind.

Not entirely sure what you're finding silly or what it is you're hoping to get here...