cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNR with Calling Party's Caller ID on Mobile Device

Ellen Kennedy
Level 1
Level 1

I have successfully setup SNR for numerous users. The only problem I am having is sending the calling party's caller id to the mobile device.

Basically if someone calls my desk phone, and I do not answer within three rings, it sends to my cell phone. On my cell phone, it shows my office's phone number instead of the person who actually called. How can I get it to send the actual caller's phone number?

CUCM 8.0.3

1 Reply 1

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also having this issue, but ONLY on SNR users with AT&T Wireless as their cell carrier. My Sprint and Verizon SNR users get the proper caller ID string.

What I've learned so far is that AT&T Wireless must receive strings in the National/ISDN format. When it doesn't it will either use the components it can or display Unknown.

You didn't specify whether you're using a PRI or FXO ports for PSTN access. If you're using FXO, my understanding is that all caller ID strings are at the mercy of your carrier. I'm using PRI, so if that matches you then here's a few things you can check to start:

Login to CUCM web management and go to Device > Gateway > Your gateway (is it MGCP or other?) > PRI Port #1, #2, etc ....

It should look like the following with only limited exceptions. The Important values are highlighted. If they match this, then there's a very good chance you're 90% of the way there. Set this way, caller ID should display properly for anyone INSIDE your system on the remote destination, regardless of whether it's AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc. Odds are also good that the calling party number will show up properly for many/most carriers as well (except AT&T).

I highlight the Redirecting Number IE Delivery values because I had them enabled at one point and was getting weird status codes back from carriers. Turning them off cleared the status codes, but didn't have any positive or negative impact on Caller ID presentation.

Unfortunately, after months of aggravation on this issue, this is as far as I've made it.

It would be helpful (as it was for me) if you're able to provide the results from a "debug isdn q931" on your gateway while a call is made that reaches out to your SNR user(s). It will look similar to what I'm attaching here. (I masked the phone numbers for privacy of the test callers.)

Hopefully this will be helpful to you, and if you can provide any information back that is helpful, I'd be grateful. Hopefully, this thread will also generate some additional discussion.

Regards,

Aaron