Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Softkeys not presented when the shared line rings in 10.5

I have had a recent CUCM upgrade and had move to 10.5 version from 7.1.

we have some staffs who have a primary line and a shared line.
when the staff is on a their primary line in a call, and when some one rings their shared line.
In order to pick up their or i-divert their call.

7.1 - Version
--------------

as the call hits the shared line , it presents on the screen with answer or idivert option. while being on the first call, the user presses idivert & to force a voicemail . so that he/she does not miss it.

10.5 - Version
---------------
as the call hits the shared line, the hardbutton on the shared number on the right of the phone blinks with no  softkey presented, forcing the user to pick up the shared line call by hitting the hardkey (on the right) which puts the current call on hold.

Users are not happy with this setup and are looking to get the the 7.1 functionality without having to put the current call oh hold.

I have checked the softkey tempales for various the various call states are all consistent in both the versions. I checked Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Immediate Divert) , which is also consistent with both versions. 

This issue is seen clusterwide for all phone models.

is there any settings that 10.5 comes with that need to be enabled ?  Please advice 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Arun,

It sounds to me like you would need to check what has changed with "Auto Line Select"

Cheers!

Rob

It sounds to me like you would need to enable "Auto Line Select"

as well

Auto Call Select

Indicates whether the phone automatically shifts the call focus to an  incoming call on the same line when the user is already on a call.

When this option is enabled, the phone shifts the call focus to the most recent incoming call.

When this option is disabled, all automatic focus changes, including  Auto Line Select, are disabled regardless of their setting.

Default: Enabled

Use Cisco Unified CallManager Administration > Device > Phone >
Phone Configuration

Auto Line Select

Indicates whether the phone shifts the call focus to incoming calls on all lines.

When this option is disabled, the phone only shifts the call focus to  incoming calls on the line that is in use. When this option is enabled,  the phone shifts the call focus to the line with the most recent  incoming call.

Default: Disabled

Phone Configuration

- See more at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11131701/inbound-call-behavior-ip-phone#sthash.omq5UEiU.dpuf

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Arun,

It sounds to me like you would need to check what has changed with "Auto Line Select"

Cheers!

Rob

It sounds to me like you would need to enable "Auto Line Select"

as well

Auto Call Select

Indicates whether the phone automatically shifts the call focus to an  incoming call on the same line when the user is already on a call.

When this option is enabled, the phone shifts the call focus to the most recent incoming call.

When this option is disabled, all automatic focus changes, including  Auto Line Select, are disabled regardless of their setting.

Default: Enabled

Phone Configuration

Auto Line Select

Indicates whether the phone shifts the call focus to incoming calls on all lines.

When this option is disabled, the phone only shifts the call focus to  incoming calls on the line that is in use. When this option is enabled,  the phone shifts the call focus to the line with the most recent  incoming call.

Default: Disabled

Phone Configuration

- See more at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11131701/inbound-call-behavior-ip-phone#sthash.omq5UEiU.dpuf

Thanks a lot rob, it worked wonders. 

I also found one more thing , this issue is seen with phones holding more than 2 lines . ( phones with two lines  it still works without having to enable it)

I turned the Auto Line select Enabled and it worked on phones >2 lines.

Thanks again