Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Suddenly cannot edit Opening Greeting Call Handler

Hello, in testing a new unity 4.2(1) server, I'm running into an issue where a greeting has been recorded in the default opening greeting call handler. It plays without problems, but in the SA webpage under playback of the handler, all of the prompts are greyed out. I can playback any other greetings on the system, but "copy" "paste" "record" and "play" are inaccessible just under this greeting. All of the others can be played back (please see attachments). Nothing odd in the event logs, i have rebooted the server, and the problem still persists. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies 6

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

The Standard Greeting appears to be disabled, which should not happen. You can run DBWalker on your Unity server and it will fix this.

Ginger

i have done that and it says it was automatically fixed, but it still shows up as disabled. not only that, but it says the wav file is missing, but the greeting still plays without issue when called.

Bummer!! What about Bulk Edit - you can go in and select just that call handler. Then select the Greetings tab, change the greeting source to Recording and press Browse. Select the wav file and proceed with the changes. Let us know if that is successful.

Ginger

well that was a great idea, but still didn't work. I believe that the problem is that the standard greeting is disabled, which shouldn't be possible, and unfortunately i don't know a manual way of enabling it. Does anyone know what to do when the DBWalker doesn't detect this? the audio text manager says that it's enabled, but the SA webpage says it's disabled.

Ok i fixed it and here's how. Since i couldn't change the button next to "enable" on the standard greeting and it couldn't find the path on the DBWalker, i pated the location of the audio file into the Audio text manager under the standard greeting. Went back to the SA webpage and changed the greeting from "recording" to "blank" and saved. This enabled the call handler! Then I changed it back to "recording" and the recording is there. Weirdness. thanks for the great ideas, Ginger!!!!

Coolness! Thanks for the update :-)

Ginger