Views
Helpful
Replies

Suscriber not found

vijayanandcd
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i try to import a user from the partner Exchange server 2000, i can import all users, but if i search for this specific user am not able to find him through Unity, but he resides in Exchange server, i can import other users.

any idea y????????

if i search him in my Unity (only if i select "search in all unity server") i will find him and if i click on that, am getting a error " the object is deleted"

i restarted the Unity server and tried a lot, but i am not able to understand the problem, i consult with the administrator too

kindly help me if anyone know the problem

thanking you with regards

VijayAnand C.D

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

From the Cisco Unity Tools Depot on your Unity server desktop, double-click this. Go to Diagnostic Tools and select Remove Subscriber Properties. This tool opens your Active Directory structure, from which you can remove the Unity specific attributes from a user. So be careful with this tool. Select the user you are unable to import. If you see the Bunny icon associated with the user, that means there are still Unity attributes enabled. Select the subscriber, go to Options and select Remove. Once this has been run, you will be able to re-import the user into Unity.

Sincerely,

Ginger

Hi -

An update for you. You can use the Global Subscriber Manager if you are running 4.0(1). If you right-click on a subscriber you are presented with a menu that includes the option to delete the subscriber. If you select this option you will start the Delete Object wizard. This wizard will guide you through the process to cleanly delete the subscriber. This is a better option than the one I posted earlier.

Ginger

i'm having a similar problem. When I try to import an exchange user from the subscriber page in Unity, the exchange locator screen opens without any data, completely blank. Yet i open exchange and i find the user. I researched the issue in CCO and found a document pertaining to the global catalog. I followed the document but it did not help.