cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

System Error CiscoUnity_PHGreeting

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

After subscriber greeting I get "system encountered an error" message and I get the following errors on a new install of Unity VM only 4.0(5) integrated with existing Unity AD:

"RecordMessage returned [0x80004005] on line 3623 of file e:\Views\cs_CU4.0.4.221\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp"

"The Unity mailbox for the user with the alias - cderen2 is unable to receive messages from outside callers because the mailbox does not seem to have an SMTP address written to the Cisco Unity database. It is possible that the user's mailbox has been deleted, or if this is an Unity with Exchange 2000 system, it is possible that the RUS service is running late or is scheduled incorrectly. Technical details - The smtpaddress field in the global subscriber view for the subscriber is either blank or NULL. Return code from procedure - 0x80004005. 7558"

I noticed that the AD user does not have an email account associated with him.

Chris

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This problem is caused by Recipient Update Service (RUS) that runs on exchange server. When a new windows account is created, you have an option to create an exchange mailbox also. If the user was created in unity, then a mailbox in exchange is created for the windows account. Sometimes, the RUS is slow to create an account and as such voicemail have no place to go.

In ADUC, you could try to right-click on the windows account, select Exchange tasks, select Create Mailbox.

If the above does not work, for a test, create a windows account along with a mailbox. If the mailbox is created, you can import the user and you should not have a problem.

You are correct it seems to be slow, this morning it worked fine. However the problem persists when I add another user. I do not see an option to Create Mailbox under ADUC for this user, I only see Delete Mailbox and Move Mailbox. And I verified that the mailbox is created on Exchange.

I have a question about the RUS, like I said erlier this AD consited of 2 DC/GC Exchange server, and 2 Unity servers, I just added another DC/GC Exchange server and another Unity server, when I go to RUS I see 2 services both pointing to one DC/Exchange - the original DC. Can I add aditional services for this new Exchange box?

How can I make the RUS to behave faster?

Chris

please see MS KB 294792 Multiple recipient update services in a single domain

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294792

Thank you Hin,

I added another RUS, and the original problem of slow replication is gone, however now I have an issue where I can leave a message, but the message is never delivered anywhere. I started another thread describing the issue. I opened a TAC case, but it does not seem to be going anywhere.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dda0115

Chris