cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T.37 Store & Forward - Multiple Copies of a fax received

mmiktus
Level 1
Level 1

Client has been successfully utilizing the inbound fax feature for almost 3 years now and seem relatively pleased with it. They generally receive less than 50 or so faxes a day, so the load is not terrible.

The problem is receipt acknowledgements: More often than not they receive multiple copies of the same fax - and by multiple I mean 3 - 5 copies. As if the sending machine is receiving a retry acknowledgement as opposed to a success.

What can cause this? How can I fix this? Is it a known "feature" related to a certain IOS version, and if so, which?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

mmiktus
Level 1
Level 1

**bump**

issue still not resolved - trying not to go to TAC with this one.

any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

**Bump**

last time before I go to TAC. Hope someone has an idea.

thanks

I think it probably would be best to troubleshoot this with the TAC. My guess would be that it's actually some signalling problem between the sending fax and the gateway. For some reason the call is disconnecting; the gateway just sends what message it has to unity but the sending fax retransmits to try to make it successful. This might be limited to a certain sending fax machine (or even a particular brand). The best thing to do would be to try to get a good & bad set of traces from the gateway (such as those with "debug fax relay t30 all"). But it's best to use those with TAC assistance.

yeah, I wound up going to TAC with this one. Whenever they resolve this issue, i'll post the results & the case # for reference.