cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TimeCardView Status Locked

JGunn
Level 1
Level 1

On our demo system, we left Michael Scott's status as working for too many hours. Now his status on the phone shows IN(Locked) and when you try to change the status, it gives the messag of "You have exceeded the working limit. Please consult your supervisor". How can I reset the Time Card hours and unlock/change the status?

5 Replies 5

mgervase
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

The TimeCardView user guide explains how to unlock a user after being stuck in a locked state due to exceeding the work/status limits.  At this point, the unlock can be done only via the TimeCardView IP phone interface and not from the GUI.  I've included a snapshot fromt eh user guide below.

In the future, I recommend that you use our NetPro forum for technical questions as it will get answered in a more timely manner.  http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=main  This Collaboration Community is for a less technical level of conversation.

Hope this answers your question!

Mark

UC Solutions Marketing

Override
Only supervisors can override an employee's status. Overriding is necessary when an employee is locked out of his or her account, a condition indicated by the letter L in brackets next to the person's last status. See note in Change Status.

Step 1 To unlock an employee's account, from the TimeCardView home page, choose Employee Status.
Step 2 Select the employee whose account is locked. The Further Options page appears.
Step 3 Select Override. The Override Status page appears, showing the next transition the employee could have made, for example, End Lunch.
Step 4 Select the appropriate status. The Year Selection page appears.
Step 5 Select the year. The Month Selection page appears.
Step 6 Select the month. The Day Selection page appears.
Step 7 Select the day. The Hour Selection page appears.
Step 8 Select the hour when the employee is to change status. The Selected Date page appears, and the system updates the employee's current shift status. The Employee Status page appears again.
If the employee's account is still locked, you can override again. This is necessary, for example, if the person ended neither their lunch break nor their shift, and the first override was only to override the Lunch status. The second override ends the shift.

Administrator and user guides for TimeCardView are located with the Cisco Unity Express guides here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

A quick search for TimeCardView on cisco.com will show all of the different guides in the search results as well.

Mark

UC Solutions Marketing

That's great, but what do you do when the Supervisor is the one locked out?

This is a tough one.  I recommend trying our technical experts over in the NetPro forumhttp://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=main

Mark

You may fix this by assigning a supervisor to the locked supervisor.  This new supervisor should be able to override the locked supervisor.

pk