Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfering to external line from Auto Attendant caller ID appears as voicemail

whickwire
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

So we have a specific use case at the moment which is fairly unique and am probably out of my depth. Our employees are contacting there clients using there personal devices (covid) and masking the number to get some anonymity. However management thinks that is deterring people from picking up the phone.

So I had the idea of our staff calling into the branch (the auto attendant) and then doing an external transfer. I went through enough forums and got this working but ran into a hitch. When I set "display original calling number on transfer from Cisco Unity" to "false" the caller ID shows as Voicemail. When set to true it shows as the correct respective line number. Is there any way to configure the display name or at the very least mask it so our clients will know it's us calling and mask our employees personal devices?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

What type of PSTN connection are you using? Based on the display of Voicemail I’m going to guess it’s a SIP connection. If so and if you have a SBC (Cube) you should be able to modify this in the SIP header with a SIP profile. Look around the forum and you’ll find a few post that goes into details for this.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you use CUCM, I'd suggest you look into configuring DVO as that seems to be what you need. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

What type of PSTN connection are you using? Based on the display of Voicemail I’m going to guess it’s a SIP connection. If so and if you have a SBC (Cube) you should be able to modify this in the SIP header with a SIP profile. Look around the forum and you’ll find a few post that goes into details for this.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you use CUCM, I'd suggest you look into configuring DVO as that seems to be what you need. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks everyone for the suggestion but I cobbled together a solution.

You can edit the internal CID within the setup for Voice Mail Port. Once I changed the name in there the CID now shows what is respective to that field. I fully recognize that it's janky but it was a pretty quick fix.