cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transforming numbers and conditionally adding/removing prefix within an inter-cluster environment

Hi.

Our client wants to be able to dial between clusters and use a dialing plan such as

*01XXXX

*02XXXX

where * is an access code, (01,02) are site identifiers, and XXXX are the internal extensions for each site.

The client requested that whenever user A(Ext 9326)  calls user B (Ext 1525), number appears as described in the pattern above, that is, user A should appear as *019326 and user B should  appear as *021525.

Thus when redialling the A,  user B just has to press dial and vice-versa.

This will potentially be deployed in 12 sites.

Some phones are IP and some are analog (back-ended on ATA or VG224)

I understand that this can be achieved with a combination of Translation and transformation patterns.

(1) What other considerations should I have and

(2) How will this set-up affect CDR and billing supposing the calls are routed through a SIP provider?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. No other considerations, since the calls are between clusters just build appropriate route patterns

2. These are internal calls so not sure why you worry about SIP provider here, CDR will reflect the call properly

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. No other considerations, since the calls are between clusters just build appropriate route patterns

2. These are internal calls so not sure why you worry about SIP provider here, CDR will reflect the call properly

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris.

Thanks for your response.

I will try out the solution and share my findings.