cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Patterns

Joe Della Valle
Level 1
Level 1

We are attempting to create a translation pattern for an external 800 number to a DID # that points to an internal extension in our system.

I created the translation patter in CM that points to a DID# then that masks to an internal extension , is there anything more to do so when we call the outside 800 # it rings internal?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that's it.

Just make sure your TP is the best match for the 800, otherwise you might reach the PSTN.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Can you expand what you mean by "best match" ?

As any other dial plan element in your CUCM you need to make sure that what you're dialing is going to hit the TP because it's the best match among all the possible choices.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

julio
Level 1
Level 1

after doing the changes or even before you can use the Cisco Call Number Dial Analyzer to see what is happening with the number when dialed from a particular extension.

Greetings,

My question is.......................we have just upgraded to the SR140 fax software to allow faxing over IP.  I had 5 pot lines that I converted to Did's and then added them to the CM under route patterns.  But for some reason I can't fax out.........receiving faxes ok.  Is there a configuration I need to make in the CM. Also all the physical fax machines in the office that are connected to this software......will not send out faxes. Gives me Busy/Busy no response!

Any ideas or suggestions.

i re-read your post again to see if I can help out in some way.

So incoming number:

Usually these could be configured as CTI RP or CTI PORTS configured with as many numbers as you are receiving from the phone company (sometimes 4 or more numbers).  I would configure these to point to a Route List or an actual port on a FXS, in this case some endpoint in your faxing software.

For outgoing number:

you would need a specific translation pattern and point that to a number.  For example, your 800 number would be translated to extension 3000.  So you need a translation pattern like 918005551234 and point that to 3000.  just make sure that the Partition where that 800 number belongs to is listed in the CSS for that location that would dial that number.

as far as the fax not being able to dial... if it was an FXS port, the Call Manager would just need the correct partition that includes local or LD or International CSS in order to make that call.  So it is possible that the partition that the fax belongs to does not have the correct CSS (that includes the partition to dial out).  hope that helps.  is this a H323 or MGCP configuration?