cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TTS for Unity Connection 9.X

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

looking at the sys admin guide, I am rather confused, as to how to configure it and what Exchange versions it supports. The admin guide has a section called "Configuring Text-to-Speech Access to Exchange Emails in Cisco Unity Connection 9.x" from the following link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/administration/guide/9xcucsag295.html

There is no mention of Exchange 2010 or 2013 config/Support. is the config different? or is there another document I need?

1 Reply 1

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the question.

Okay so I did some digging and found a few details that will help clear this up.

1. The documentation is wrong and we will be getting it correct as soon as we can. The CUC 9 admin guides states that you need to create an 'External Service' however this configuration has been changed.

2. Yes, Exch 2010 and I'm sure Exch 2013 will be supported. TTS uses IMAP for the connection method and as long as Exch permits IMAP traffic you're good.

3. To configure TTS, of course enable IMAP for Exchange. On the CUC side, you'll need to start with the class of service and check the following "Allow Access to Exchange Email by Using Text to Speech (TTS)". Then you'll need to create a new unified messaging service where you add the details of the Exch server and make sure to check "

Access Exchange Email by Using Text to Speech (TTS)". Then apply that UM service to an end user and test. FYI, when you check the message from the TUI it will be the option of external messages (default option 7).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good Luck,

Brad