cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two unity servers not failover CCM cluster

allan.wells
Level 3
Level 3

If I have two 32 port unity servers and I want to register them both with the one CCM cluster I want half the CCM users to use one Unity box 32 ports and the other Half to use the other Unity serevr 32 ports is this just a matter of using differnt CSS in callmanager.

Thanks

Allan

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'll assume that you have CCM 3.3 and above.

You would create first set of 32 vm ports using VM Port Wizard, and name them CiscoUM1-VIx (x = 1 to 32). On Unity's UTIM, you would create an integration with 32 ports with the name CiscoUM1-VI

You would then create another 32 ports and name them CiscoUM2-VIx (x = 1 to 32). On the second Unity's UTIM, you would create an integration with 32 ports with the name CiscoUM2-VI

Create two pilot numbers - the first pilot would then point to CiscoUM1-VIx. The second to CiscoUM2-VIx

The first set of users would have their phone's VM Pilot point to the first pilot you created.

The second set of users to the second pilot.

Yep, this works a treat. To flick a sub from one Unity server to another all you'd need to do is change the VoiceMail Profile under the users line (after 'moving' the sub).

You can use the same MWIs for both boxes.

allan.wells
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks one more question the clients Topology cosists of two data centers located in different capitol cities.

Each data centre has its own exchange 5.5 mail cluster we will connect one Unity box to each cluster.

how will this work as as far as a subscriber on one system wanting to leave a voice mail to a subscriber on the other Unity box.

Will unity recognise the caller on system one through the use of the mutual Active directory data ?

So the message would say message from XXX left at etc recognising the call even though it was from a subscriber on box one.

Also quickly can we poool licenses in this topology

Unity version 4 and yes CM is 4.0 x

thanks

You should be ok with this doing Unity Digital Networking. If you haven't already checkout :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008022cd84.html

Depending on your dial plan depends on how complicated this works out.

You'll need digital networking for license pooling.

I hope this helps.

NJ.