cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC caller input

jmccartney1
Level 1
Level 1

I have UC 1.2 and am having trouble getting a caller transferred to the proper place using the "Caller input" keys. When a call comes into extension 4200 the caller hears the greeting "Press 1 to be transferred to the User Directory" , "press 2 to routed to the Command Center". If the user presses 2 during the greeting the caller is routed properly, if they wait till the greeting finishes and then presses 2 they hear " I didn't recognize that as a valid entry".

How can I configure this so they are routed properly to the destination I want them to go to?

Thanks.

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

This is working as designed. The Caller input is only recognized during

the Greeting. here's a clip;

"Caller input settings define actions that Cisco Unity Connection takes in response to phone keypad keys pressed by callers during a user greeting."

Probably the best you can do here is to either get the recording at 4200 changed to allow enough

time for the caller input choice or on the Greetings page in CUC set the times to reprompt caller

to 1 or more.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

This is working as designed. The Caller input is only recognized during

the Greeting. here's a clip;

"Caller input settings define actions that Cisco Unity Connection takes in response to phone keypad keys pressed by callers during a user greeting."

Probably the best you can do here is to either get the recording at 4200 changed to allow enough

time for the caller input choice or on the Greetings page in CUC set the times to reprompt caller

to 1 or more.

Cheers!

Rob

Thank Rob,

I changed the greeting (length) and its working fine now.

John