cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11.6.1 NETWORK MOH DISTORTION

adusepeney79
Level 1
Level 1

When allowing callers the ability to be immediately transferred to voicemail while waiting in queue, I have created Get Digit string and also a Menu option that would have a silent wave file of 30secs or have the prompt set as DP[30000]. While the call is On Hold, and an agent is not in ready state, callers from external have no moh problem at all  but internal callers have either a distortion problem or intermittent or no moh at all. This is quite strange experience because the moment an agent becomes ready, it changes right away to sounding normal and great. Any ideas what would cause such a distortion for internal  callers only? 

1. multicast is not enabled on cucm for moh.

2. I created a new medial resources and group and did everything possible but the issues still is reproduceable.

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
1) Can you prove this? Show us a screenshot of the internal IP Phone's Stream 0 statistics on its web page while on hold.

2) What is the region relationship between the calling phone and each one of the MOH Servers in the MRGL/MRG available to the calling phone?

---

1) Are you using the Call Hold step in the script, before the Get Digit String/Menu steps?

2) Does the audio sound distorted without the Get Digit String/Menu steps, but just the hold happening?

3) Can you set another internal phone up to use the same User Hold audio Source ID as the CTI Ports for UCCX and then just call phone to phone, placing the same calling phone from the UCCX test scenario on hold, and if so, does that sound distorted too? Effectively, you're keeping MOH the same, but ruling out UCCX.

Hello Anthony,

1) Can you prove this? Show us a screenshot of the internal IP Phone's Stream 0 statistics on its web page while on hold.

Start Time 13:04:07
Stream Status Active
Host Name SEP503de57dd002
Sender Packets 811
Sender Octets 129760
Sender Codec None
Sender Reports Sent 14
Sender Report Time Sent 17:07:09
Rcvr Lost Packets 0
Avg Jitter 0
Rcvr Codec G.711U
Rcvr Reports Sent 29
Rcvr Report Time Sent 17:07:39
Rcvr Packets 20222
Rcvr Octets 3235520
MOS LQK 2.0000
Avg MOS LQK 3.0103
Min MOS LQK 2.0000
Max MOS LQK 4.5000
MOS LQK Version 0.9500
Cumulative Conceal Ratio 0.2705
Interval Conceal Ratio 0.4866
Max Conceal Ratio 0.5016
Conceal Secs 145
Severely Conceal Secs 117
Latency 0
Max Jitter 0
Sender Size 0 ms
Sender Reports Received 0
Sender Report Time Received 00:00:00
Rcvr Size 20 ms
Rcvr Discarded 0
Rcvr Reports Received 0
Rcvr Report Time Received 00:00:00
Rcvr Encrypted 0
Sender Encrypted 0
Sender Frames 0
Sender Partial Frames 0
Sender IFrames 0
Sender Frame Rate 0
Sender Bandwidth 0
Sender Resolution 0 * 0
Rcvr Frames 0
Rcvr Partial Frames 0
Rcvr IFrames 0
Rcvr IFrames Req 0
Rcvr Frame Rate 0
Rcvr Frames Lost 0
Rcvr Frame Errors 0
Rcvr Bandwidth 0
Rcvr Resolution 

0 * 0

2) What is the region relationship between the calling phone and each one of the MOH Servers in the MRGL/MRG available to the calling phone?

Answer: Publisher and Subscriber1 have the same Device Pool (SDC_System_dp) with the same Media Resource Group List assigned (HQ_MRGL) .

Subscriber2 and Subscriber3 also have the same Device Pool (HQ-Media_dp) with the same Medial Resource Group List assgined (HQ_MRGL).

The calling phones have HQ_COMBINED_MRGL

1) Are you using the Call Hold step in the script, before the Get Digit String/Menu steps?

Answer: Yes the Call Hold if in the scrip before the Get Digit String/Menu steps.

2) Does the audio sound distorted without the Get Digit String/Menu steps, but just the hold happening?

Answer: There is no distortion with the  Get Digit String/Menu steps.

Call Hold

Get Digit String/Menu steps with interruptible and Barge-In enabled.

3) Can you set another internal phone up to use the same User Hold audio Source ID as the CTI Ports for UCCX and then just call phone to phone, placing the same calling phone from the UCCX test scenario on hold, and if so, does that sound distorted too? Effectively, you're keeping MOH the same, but ruling out UCCX.

Answer: Tried that too and not luck

I am thinking it could be the different server groups setup.

Hello Anthony,

I thought this through and finally got the MOH working.

Initially I had:

Call Hold

Menu(Interruptible = Yes, Prompt = Silent wave"30+secs", Barge In = Yes, Timeout = 0, Maximum Retries = 0, then Filter)

Filter Step (Press 9 - voicemail)

Call Unhold Step

Redirect or Goto Step

Timeout = nothing

Unsuccessful = nothing

Call Unhold

Queue Loop

Somehow it seems the silent and the MOH were competing since we dont have customized wave for our MOH.

I decided to add in a silent prompt with no value and int_MOH set to 30+secs and I no longer hear any distortions.

Capture.PNG

Call Hold

Menu(Interruptible = Yes, Prompt = " " , Barge In = Yes, Timeout = int_MOH, Maximum Retries = 0, then Filter)

Filter Step (Press 9 - voicemail)

Call Unhold Step

Redirect or Goto Step

Timeout = nothing

Unsuccessful = nothing

Call Unhold

Queue Loop

Thank you for your help.