Views
Helpful
Replies

uccx 8.02 for vmware

potan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ;

I plan upgrade the uccx 7.x to uccx 8.02. Before doing so, i did install the uccx 8.02 in vmware virtual machine. For the 1st time login to uccx, i choose for the "upgrade from previous uccx release". But when it ask to load the license, i load the actual license file in to, it prompt error with mac address issue. I had changed the mac of the VMware with the right mac. It also given the same error.

I did try with the demo license which downloaded from cisco.com. if fail also.

Anybody who manage install uccx 8.02 in vmware with demo license or actual license ? or how to bypass the license. Eventually just for testing purpose before for actual upgrade. pls advice. Thanks.

rgds

tan

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The SWIFT demo license for CCX is broken. I've reported it but it still hasn't been fixed.

CCX 8.0 and beyond are now node locked and use a new Licensing MAC concept. The MAC of the VM is not what the license is keyed against. If you have already generated your LIC file from the licensing tool you will need to open a case with licensing to have it re-hosted. You can see the current licensing MAC using the show status command on the CLI.