Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX upgrade to v8.0

girish.pai
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

To begin with, I'm a newbie, so spare my "not so technical language".My team has been running a 500~ Agent UCCX & we're planning to upgrade to v8.0. My task here is to upload the prompts / scripts from old system to the new one. However, since the new system is a Linux system ( If I'm not wrong ) , I'm unable to locate the path where I uploaded the prompts in the webview &  I'm unable to edit the location of the Prompts.

In short, the files are usually located in C:\Program Files\wfavvid

What is the path in linux?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

First I want to echo Aaron here: You would be wise to engage a Cisco partner who has done this already. CCX 8 started enforcing a lot of rules which has caused plenty of headaches for people who, intentionally or not, ventured off and did something unsupported. This thread is an example of that: You weren't supposed to be referencing a file system path in any of your scripts.

To answer the question you've asked here: The file system path is not what you should be using so it's irrelevent what it is in the GNU/Linux filesystem. You need to reference a relative path within the repository. The easiest way to do this is to use the Browse button of the Prompt tab within the Expression Editor. It will fill in a valid path for you.

Example: If you have uploaded prompts into the /EN_us/myfolder/myprompt.wav within /appadmin your Play Prompt step should call P[/myfolder/myprompt.wav]. The absense of the language folder is intentional; the contact is assigned a language based on the trigger it arrived on. This folder will automatically be included in the path.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Your prompts and documents and scripts are uploaded via the AppAdmin pages - in the Applications/Script Management, Prompt Management or Doucment Management menus.

If you aren't aware of those basic details you may find this migration more complciated than you expect. There are a lot of changes between the Windows and Linux versions which catch out experienced engineers. You'll get help here but you would be better served getting someone with experience to help directly.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I've uploaded the required scripts/prompts using the AppAdmin pages . But my concern is I need to locate the files in the script. Example in Windows would be "

C:\Program Files\wfavvid\prompts\user\Sample.wav

Hi

I'll assume that you are trying to use a prompt-related step such as a play prompt? Since it looks like you've uploaded them to the root folder, try this:

P[sample.wav]

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

First I want to echo Aaron here: You would be wise to engage a Cisco partner who has done this already. CCX 8 started enforcing a lot of rules which has caused plenty of headaches for people who, intentionally or not, ventured off and did something unsupported. This thread is an example of that: You weren't supposed to be referencing a file system path in any of your scripts.

To answer the question you've asked here: The file system path is not what you should be using so it's irrelevent what it is in the GNU/Linux filesystem. You need to reference a relative path within the repository. The easiest way to do this is to use the Browse button of the Prompt tab within the Expression Editor. It will fill in a valid path for you.

Example: If you have uploaded prompts into the /EN_us/myfolder/myprompt.wav within /appadmin your Play Prompt step should call P[/myfolder/myprompt.wav]. The absense of the language folder is intentional; the contact is assigned a language based on the trigger it arrived on. This folder will automatically be included in the path.

"CCX 8 started enforcing a lot of rules which has caused plenty of headaches for people who, intentionally or not "

+1 to that.

As I said, I'm kind of new to this concept, Infact , I'm just 3 months into Networking. I just got lucky and selected as a trainee .

"You would be wise to engage a Cisco partner who has done this already"

We had raised a TAC case & it was taking longer than expected. I wanted to understand the whole concept myself before I question others.

Thanks a lot Jonathan!

Also, Could you please redirect me to any CCX scripting documents / videos ? I have few but they are in intermediate level, I'd want a beginners guide or something similar.

@Aaron,

Thanks man, that did help a lot, Jonathan cleared whatever doubts I had.

CCX is probably the most difficult VTG product to get started with. The product documentation is solid but does a poor job of bootstrapping someone new to the product. To my knowledge there are no CBT or videos out there for the product. The only training available are the UCCXD and UCCXA courses offered through Cisco Learning Partners. If you can't get budget dollars for the courses directly be sure that cisco training credits are included on every Cisco order you place. Many customers "sneak" training credits in the margins of each purchase order to get them.

The general principal to understand with CCX scripts is this: You are programming in Java. The more you know about programming and the Java language the better off you'll be.

Lastly, TAC is a break/fix organization and not a Cisco partner who offers professional services consulting. While they will help you fix a broken product they won't help you plan out the upgrade and identify potential problems ahead of time. Also be aware that TAC will not support your custom scripts at all.

PS- When we say CCX 8.0, I mean at least 8.5(1)SU2. There are so many bugs that most of the 8.0 releases are not viable. The 8.5.1(SU2) release is the first build the BU will even attempt to label as stable.

Hmm.. Thanks a lot Jonathan . Finally I'm able to catch some Technical Nitty Grity . I'm pretty good with Java , learnt it in II year degree. I also understand the fact that TAC does not help in custom scripts, however they aided a lot in making us understand. .