Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 12.5.1.10000-22 - Unable to add subscriber

I am attempting to add a new subscriber to CUCM 12.5.1.10000-22 server that I just finished upgrading from 11.5, but I get the following message after I try to add a new server:

Add failed. Upgrade and migration for Cisco Unified IM & Presence Servers associated with this cluster appears to be pending (not complete). Please make sure upgrade and migration of all IM & Presence servers is completed successfully before adding servers to this cluster. Please check for any unused IM & Presence Application Servers and delete them.

I do not have an IM & P server and never have, I also checked to make sure I wasn't crazy and there is only a single node shown in the CLI:

admin:utils dbreplication runtimestate

Runtime state cannot be performed on a cluster with a single active node; aborting operation

5 Replies 5

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Seems to be really weird as this was a 11.5 bug with IMP. How it sounds when you do a restart of the server and then initiate the upgrade ? Also try Prime deployment and see whats the behavior. If things doesnt work, then TAC would be your best bet.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvn00674

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi Rath, 

Cisco TAC was able to put me in the right direction to fix the issue. 

They had me look under System --> Application Server and there was a reference there to a CUPS server. I guess it must have existed at some time in the distant past. 

I delete the CUPS application server, and the publisher allowed me to add a subscriber server without an issue. 

Thank you so much! Had the same problem here and fixed removing CUPS in System --> Application

Pascal Douce
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so much

richardpierce
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, this saved me some time!