cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 7.1.5 Where is "Recording Option" in line appearance?

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring call recording integration.

I am looking in a line appearance for the "Recording Option" field. I was expecting to find it in this block (attached screenshot) - this is a User Device Profile. Is this somewhere else? - presumably the field isn't hidden depending on other config?

no_recording.JPG

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just curious if BIB (built in Bridge) has been enabled? I don't think

the recording options will be shown if the BIB is not available

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsmr.html#wp1054119

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob. BIB is enabled on the handset. However, I think I have found an explanation.

I am looking at the Line on the User Device Profile (that is the screen shot) - all our users are extension mobility users. If I look at the line of a logged out handset, I DO see the "Recording Option". So I guess this is more a case of where this option is configured (handset vs user device profile) than it missing completely.

However, it does make me wonder (I havent got the call recording solution in to test yet), if I set this option on the line of a handset in its logged out state, presumably this setting is retained when a user logs into the phone? Otherwise this would suggest recording is incompatible with extension mobility? As I want to record based on the USER not the HANDSET, I guess I would have to set the "Recording Option" on all possible handsets in the same way I believe I have to have all possible handsets as controlled devices under the call recording application user?

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

I've now solved this. The extension mobility profile device type was incorrect - it was set to a 7960, which doesn't support these recording options, I have re-created the extension mobility profiles with the device type as 7942 and now this option appears. I had prevously been using a single 7960 device profile for each user to avoid having multiple profiles for each user (given they could login to up to 3 different handset models, 7960 being the highest model) and this appeared to work fine on all handset types with no impact on features - until now!