Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM upgrade

Hello All

I am going to start an upgrade process from 4.2 to 8.5

we are getting new hardware so this upgrade will be run in parallel with the current system

the DMA tool that my co-worker installed on the 4.2 pub is 7.1.5

my question is. I don't have a 7.1.5 dvd to restore the backup from the DMA the latest version that i have on 7.X is 7.1.3(b)

my question is

could i install 7.1.3(b) apply 7.1.5 and the restore at the time of the installation ?

or could i restore the backup while installing 7.1.3 ?

thanks

4 Replies 4

Hello,

The DMA is not backup , it is a migration tool from the windows platform to the VOS platform (config and license).

The DMA version must be exactly the same as the DVD you are installing the system to.

If you only have the 7.1.3 then you have to install the CUCM 7.1.3 , then you can download the 7.1.5 upgrade file from cisco.com and upgrade the version to 7.1.5, after that you can run the upgrade the 8.5

Amer

I know i just want to make sure all the data from version 4 will be on 7 once i restore the configuration i have the license and all of that already

Hello,

All the config will be migrated to the 7.X , a few things will not like passwords and pins , you have to provide a new ones at the time of the setup.

The question is that i don't understand why you need to restore ?????

There is no need to , all what you have to do is :

1- install 7.1.3 with the DMA then upload the free license (publisher only)

2- upgrade the 7.1.3 to 7.1.5 (you can download it for free from cisco.com) (publisher only)

3- upload the 8.5 license and upgrade to 8.5 (publisher only)

4- after you upgrade the publisher to 8.5 and everyting is working fine , start installing the subscribers 8.5 directly.

Amer

i upgraded the servers yesterday no issues

i didn't have to re-install dma 7.1.3

i ran the DMA 7.1.5 which i had already installed on the pub

since i only had 7.1.3 media

i downloaded the upgrade to 7.1.5 from cisco.com

when i was installing 7.1.3, i selected yes to the option to do a patch and i upgraded the server to 7.1.5 once the server was on 7.1.5 it ineed asked me if i wanted to restore the db from a windows version, which i said yes, restore the dma backup, then i went to 8.5.1 applied all the licenses and we're on production on 8.5.1 no issues

thanks