cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to change tftp address in IP Communicator 7.0.5

jlcembellin
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrade Ip communicator to 7.0.5.0 I can not change network settings: device name and tftp server address. The fields are in gray color.I send a screenshotCaptura.PNG

37 Replies 37

mariolink
Level 1
Level 1

Runing it as administrator works perfectly, I guess that's the only easy option, so everytime you need to change the tftp server or something run th IP Communicator as administrator

I installed the .exe file and had the network setting grayed out.  I unistalled that and reinstall the .msi and keep having the same problem.

I still had the .msi installed and close it out and then run it as Administrator , it took few seconds to reload and now I was able to modify network settings (tftp server)

Im sure that the same procedure can be done on the .exe file, but since it's working for me now. I would remain with the msi.  good luck

I disabled UAC on the my Win7 PC. After that, I dont have to login via the right-click run as adminstrator, just click on the shortcut as per normal and can change profiles now between SIP and SCCP.

No re-install required.

Essam H
Level 1
Level 1

Unless local access is disabled, users can also specify this setting in Cisco IP Communicator (right-click > Preferences > Network tab > TFTP Servers section), but you must tell them which TFTP server addresses to enter.

If your company uses Cisco IP Communicator in  an environment where users do not have administrative privileges, and if  multiple users share a PC, this task cannot be completed by the user.  You must use an administrator account to run Cisco IP Communicator one  time after installation on each machine and select the network interface  (if this selection is required). This instruction also applies to  selecting network interface (device name) in this circumstance.

roberts02
Level 1
Level 1

One other thing to consider. Windows 7 on up defaults the local administrator as disabled. The account has to be enabled in order for the run as administrator to work. That's where I ran into trouble.

upatelnet
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the fix... Open the IP Communicator application then Right click>User tab> unselect "Close Hides Application"  then close the application... Now right click and run the application as admin... 

once the IP Communicator application is up  right click> network tab> should have access now...  

pkinane
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Capture.PNG

bbiandov
Level 1
Level 1

So true, when installed by simply clicking on CiscoIPCommunicatorSetup.exe the settings are grayed out EVEN IF ONE runs the already installed application by using "run as administrator". At that point it does not matter and the settings will always be grayed out.

However when one initially installs it by clicking on CiscoIPCommunicatorSetup.exe "run as administrator" then you still need to run the application by using "run as administrator" but then the settings are no longer grayed out and one can edit them. Here is how it looks like for Cisco_IP_Communicator-Admin-fmr.8-6-6-0

ip-comm.png