cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Check Voicemail

tarkinkl1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a single user who is unable to check her voicemail. She hits the "messages" button, enters password and then hits 1. After she hits 1, it just keeps going back to the recording to select one for new messages, etc. and never takes her to her new voicemail. She can select 3 and listen to saved messages with no problem. Help! Thanks.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity version?

Exchange or Domino? Version? Setup?

Do you get proper message counts when you log in?

The first thing to do here is to check the application event log for errors - we may be getting something back from the messaging sub system that's causing a problem.

Next would be to access the mailbox using a desktop application (i.e. Outlook, web outlook or the web based inbox for Unity if you have a license for it). Check to see if there's a "bad" message at the top of the stack that's tripping us up - remove that message to a folder and try to call in again.

I'll need to double check but I believe it's Unity 4.0. Exchange is not currently involved, only Unity. It was very strange but after about a hour and a half, she was able to check her voicemail with no further problems. Thanks for your input.